All Across France – C’est les SOLDES!
Only two days left…but I have already taken full advantage of this wonderful time of the year!
This year I discovered the sales at the Factory Outlet Mall (“magasin d’usine”) – and that was a revelation. Everything is already discounted at outlet pricing which is typically around 20% to 30% off the regular price. But then during the bi-yearly sales you add another 50%, 60%, 70% off the already marked down price – and paradise you have found!
Check out my previous posts if you need more details on how the sales work in France:
- Friday Fun Facts – C’est Les Soldes!
- Calling all Fashionistas… It’s Sale Season!
- It’s Sales Season Again! Starting this June 22nd…
My Summer Sales Plunder…
Is it gloating? I don’t know, but I do know that I like to share with you my best shopping tips and my latest fashion steals kindly awarded by the shopping gods. I always wait with great anticipation for these sales in order to give a boost to my wardrobe!
Everything above was purchased at AT LEAST 50%, and many at 70%. I tried to not get too distracted by the all the beautiful glitzy evening outfits that I love to buy but rarely wear, and focused instead on essentials. Did I do alright? Can you tell I have a thing for fine lingerie??? Don’t tell anyone…
Factory Outlet Mall in and around Provence
In Provence, check out the “Village de Marques McArthurGlen Provence“, located in Miramas (about 30 minutes drive from Marseille, or take the TER train). This is where you will find outlets for high-end designer boutiques including Coach, Hugo Boss, Armani and Karl Lagerfeld. Plus Lindt Chocolate Outlet AND Starbucks. All in a very pleasant and luxurious atmosphere…
In the Drôme Provencal, check out “Marques Avenue Romans” located in Romans-sur-Isère (about 20 minutes drive from Valence). There are also some great high-end outlet boutiques here, plus a few not easily found elsewhere such as “Petit Bâteau” (for the little ones), “ArmorLux” (for those must have Marinières), and “Le Phare de la Baleine” (for that Ile de Ré casual look). Once you are done shopping, be sure to wander around the historical old town. Visit the Collégiale de Saint-Bernard for its spectacular interior, and the not to be missed “Musée de la Chaussure” (shoe museum). There actually used to be a thriving shoe industry here not so long ago, and I many years ago remember purchasing a pair of fabulous golden beige soft leather Charles Jordan heels that I subsequently wore into oblivion…
Factory Outlet Mall in and around Paris
There are tons of options if you are looking for Factory Outlet Malls around Paris. The Paris tourism office can help you figure out how to catch the shuttle bus out of Paris that drops you off at three of these Outlet Malls (La Vallée Village, L’Usine Mode & Maison and One Nation Paris) located in the outskirts of Paris.
- One Nation Paris Member, 1 avenue du Président Kennedy – 78340 Les Clayes sous Bois (accessible by shuttle and RER train)
- La Vallée Village, 3 cours de la Garonne – 77700 Serris – Marne-la-Vallée (accessible by shuttle and RER train)
- Quai des marques, 395 rue du Général-Leclerc – 95130 Franconville (accessible by RER train)
- Marques Avenue – Île Saint-Denis, 9 quai du Châtelier – 93450 L’Île Saint-Denis (accessible by Metro)
- Usines Center Paris Outlet, Zone Industrielle Paris Nord 2 – 134 avenue de la Plaine de France – BP 70164 – 95500 Gonesse (accessible by RER train)
- L’Usine Mode & Maison, Route André Citroën – ZA Villacoublay – 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay (accessible by shuttle and Metro)
Shopping the Sales Remotely
Don’t forget that most of the French boutiques have online shops with the same sales offered to you. Many will even ship internationally, so don’t feel left out if you are not able to shop in person.
So get out there and shop to your heart’s delight!
Happy (shopping) Travels,
-Girl Gone Gallic